Installing a program Like Wordpress, Joomla , Drupal or other program that requires Web browser based installation needs to follow this steps:
1. Assign Password Protection to a subfolder - CP->Web Site manager->manage->Password protection
2. Upload the program into that folder using FTP
3. Start the Install process in a browser and login with your short FTP user name and password.
4. Follow the installation steps - now your program will be able to create any folder and files.
5. Once it is done - remove the password protection.
The above steps are needed because when installing the program by using your browser the installation process needs to save the information to a configuration file , create and/or remove or edit some of the files and folders.
In order to be able to do that the program needs you to be logged in as the owner of the web site.
Last update: 2011-05-11 14:47